Sunday, May 23, 2010

Vegan Bread Pudding

Last night I made Vegan Bread Pudding and I love it! It doesn’t come out exactly like the bread pudding I fell in love with before my vegan days but my daughter and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Traditionally bread pudding is served hot but this bread pudding is far better after it has been refrigerated overnight!


Vegan Bread Pudding





My two-year old was helping me cook and  couldn't wait to eat. :)






- 6 or 7 slices of Ezekiel 4:9 bread, torn into about 1 inch pieces

- About 3 cups of soy or almond milk

- 1 ½ teaspoons of cinnamon

- 1 teaspoon vanilla, you can forgo this ingredient if you are using vanilla soy milk

- 2 handfuls of nuts, chopped, I use walnuts or almonds.

Preheat the oven to 350 and tear the bread placing the torn pieces into an oven proof baking dish. Whisk together the milk, vanilla and cinnamon, then pour this mixture over the torn pieces of bread. Mix so that all of the bread is moist. Allow to sit for five minutes so that is absorbs the soy milk. Fold in the chopped nut. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes. You can eat it now or better yet refrigerate overnight for a cool summer treat!! I personally think that it tastes much better when it is served cold with sliced bananas!


No comments:

Post a Comment